On August 28-31, Moscow hosted a meeting of representatives of the three EtherZero communities – Russian, Singaporean and Shenzhen, consisting of:
- Johnny Young, project manager and leader of ShenZhen EtherZero Community
- William Chia, leader of Singaporean EtherZero Community
- Evgeny Egorov, leader of Russian EtherZero Community
Within three days, a wide range of project issues was discussed – from specific tasks of EtherZero project to theoretical issues of blockchain technologies, crypto projects, etc.
One of the major topic is registration EtherZero Community Foundation in Singapore - organization whose purpose is development of EtherZero Community worldwide, support for local communities in different countries, DApp projects involving to EtherZero platform, marketing events, etc.
Two important questions are under special attention – http://etherzero.org site update and White Paper 2 release – both of these projects are in active process and will be completed soon.
Subjects of discussion
Masternodes (MNs) network has been working for a month, and the number of master nodes exceeded 300. Several areas of work in this area were discussed:
1. Network optimization – some of masternodes work incorrectly, have insufficient capacity of the equipment deployed on, and Internet connectivity issues. The masternodes that receive tasks and do not have time to perform them at scheduled time, have to pass these tasks to the next masternodes in the queue. But it leads to increase in the average blocks processing time. Therefore, setting up optimal hardware configurations for masternodes is an important task for all owners and for the network in whole.
2. Creating tools which simplify set up and maintain of masternodes for users. The Singapore Community helps its members in hosting of masternodes. The Russian Community has developed EtherZero Masternode Manager, a web application that completely replaces the need to work with the console and perform Linux settings. EtherZero technical department also provides support and maintenance of a great number of masternodes users. In the near future, API for masternodes will be released, special tools for collecting and processing statistics will be created, as well as automating actions on events and auto informing users (alerts by Telegram, for example).
3. Create an opportunity for developers to contact the masternodes owners to report deviations in MNs operation and assist in configuration. Website http://etherzero.org/masternode has now special form in the lower part where users can specify e-mail in relation to the address masternode.
4.Proceeding trainings of masternodes owners, creation of more detailed manuals, tutorial videos, etc. The website of the Russian Community has separate section of the masternodes documentation (https://etherzero.ru/en/library/masternodes)
Another big topic is launch of Token Factory (https://remix.etherzero.org/token/#/factory), creation a guide for tokens release on the basis of ETZ, verification of smart contract. This work has already been done, and the Singaporean Community held the first ICO for ABC, releasing ABC token.
Mr. Zhang Guo Jun, an investor from UAE, is also interested in issuing tokens based on ETZ, considering the possibility of using EtherZero technologies in his business and creating an EtherZero Community in UAE.
The next very important topic is the work of the Autonomy Community and web site launch https://etzvote.com. Members of the community will be able to publish their proposals and request a budget for implementation of their projects, masternodes owners will be able to vote both “pros” and “cons” the proposals. The results will be processed automatically by the smart contract, the approved proposals will receive requested ETZ amounts. A video on working with this tool was released, a detailed tutorial explaining all the rules and procedures is currently being prepared.
Russian EtherZero Community Office
Also, there was a meeting with Francis Xavier (Singaporean Top Lawyer) in Moscow, who is an observer and advisor of the EtherZero project. Francis told how he got acquainted with cryptocurrencies, how he made a speech at the economic forum in St. Petersburg on this topic, he is now involved in an international group of experts advising the Russian government on the development of cryptocurrency legislation, and how he got acquainted with the EtherZero project. Other participants shared their experiences and views on the topics discussed, as well as agreed on the strategic plans of the EtherZero project development. Francis will provide all required legal assistance to the project.
And of course, since participants of the meeting came to Russia for the first time – they got interesting historical and cultural tour around Moscow, as well as a visit to the office of the Russian EtherZero Community.
During these three days, there was enough time to think about all questions discussed, share new ideas and agree on further actions.
The result of the event is the expansion of Community interaction, coordination of plans and efforts in the work, joint activities within the EtherZero Community Foundation. And what is more important – close friendly relations were established! The next meeting is scheduled for Docember in Shenzhen.